Tentative Date: Sunday, September 8, 2019
Online registration expected to open for the 2019 Sioux Falls Marathon in December. Stay tuned!
Sioux Falls Marathon Announces Street Closures
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – The Sioux Falls Marathon announced on Wednesday street closures for the 2018 Sioux Falls Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and Miracle 5K. A total of 13 closures will affect Sioux Falls residents on Sunday, Sept. 9.
The 2018 Sioux Falls Marathon will begin and end inside the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center for the second straight year. The marathon will begin at 6:30 a.m., followed by the half marathon and 10K at 7 a.m. and the Miracle 5K at 10:15 a.m. The Miracle 5K will start outside on Western Avenue near Madison Street.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday, Sept. 9:
- N Western Avenue (from Russell to Madison) 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- N Western Avenue (from Madison to Burnside) 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Madison Street (Lyndale to Menlo) 6-11:15 a.m.
- Menlo Ave (Brookings to 4th St) 6-11 a.m.
- 4th St (Menlo to Duluth) 6-11 a.m.
- Duluth Ave (4th to 9th) 6-11 a.m.
- Main Ave (9th to 5th) 6-9 a.m.
- Dakota Ave (9th to 5th) 6-9 a.m.
- 9th St (Duluth to Phillips) 6-11 a.m.
- 8th St (Minnesota to Reid) 6-9 a.m.
- 6th St (Minnesota to Weber) 6-9 a.m.
- Phillips Avenue (9th St to Falls Park Dr) 6:30-9 a.m.
- Phillips Avenue (11th to 13th) 7:30-10 a.m.
- 13th St (Phillips to Dakota) 7:30-10 a.m.
- Dakota Avenue (13th to 9th) 7:30-10 a.m.
For more information on the 2018 Sioux Falls Marathon, including street maps of all three races, visit www.siouxfallsmarathon.com.
Sioux Falls Sports Authority
The Sioux Falls Sports Authority was formed in 2006 by community leaders to recruit major sporting events to the Sioux Falls area. The organization attracts international, national, regional and state sporting events by operating, leasing, enhancing or owning sports facilities in the Sioux Falls area. It is run by a board of directors made up of 15 community members, an executive director and project director. The organization has hosted the Summit League Basketball Championships since 2009, the Sioux Falls Marathon since 2010 and numerous NCAA events. For more information, visit www.sfsportsauthority.org.
Tim Evans, Race Director, Sioux Falls Sports Authority
(605) 373-2033 | email@example.com