What is the refund policy?
The Sioux Falls Marathon adheres to the standard marathon running industry policy. All entry fees are non-refundable. The entry fee for this year's event will not transfer to next year's event, no exceptions. This policy stays in effect whether you are injured, have an unexpected business or family emergency, pregnancy, etc. There are no exceptions.
Can I switch events or transfer my entry to another participant?
Yes, the Sioux Falls Marathon allows you to switch events or transfer your entry to another participant. All switches must be done prior to midnight on August 31, 2017. When switching events or transferring your entry, you will be charged $5 plus the difference in the registration fee if the registration fee the race you are switching to is greater than the registration fee you have already paid. In addition to that, if the registration fee for the race you are switching to is lower than the registration fee you have already paid, you will not be refunded the difference.
- Switch Events: The deadline to switch events on your own has passed, please e-mail email@example.com for information on if switching events is still possible.
- Transfer: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to transfer your entry to another participant.
What are the age requirements for the Sioux Falls Marathon events?
• Minimum age requirement for the Sioux Falls Marathon is 16 years old.
• Minimum age requirement for the Sioux Falls Half Marathon is 12 years old.
• Minimum age requirement for the Sioux Falls Marathon or Half Marathon Team Relays is 10 years old.
• There is no age minimum for the Miracle 5K.
What is the weather policy?
As we realize the time and commitment for participants to take part in the race, as prudent hosts of the event with a safety first attitude, race officials may cancel, delay or change the event in case of extreme weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants. In the event of cancelation, refunds will not be issued. Examples of extreme weather include:
• Lightening or the immediate threat of lightening
• Extreme heat or anticipated extreme heat
• Extreme cold or anticipated extreme cold
• Heavy precipitation (rain, sleet, snow)
• High winds
Are the t-shirts men's sizes?
Yes, the t-shirts are unisex sizes.
What are the course time limits?
Full Marathon - 6 hours
Half Marathon - 3 hours and 30 minutes
Can I wear headphones?
While the Sioux Falls Marathon discourages the use of iPods and headphones, we do not impose a ban on wearing such devices. Many runners choose not to wear headphones, and instead listen to the crowd cheer them to the Sioux Falls Arena.
Can I run with a jogging stroller?
Jogging strollers are not permitted on the full or half marathon courses. Jogging strollers are allowed in the Miracle 5K but we do request that all participants with jogging strollers start at the back of the field to ensure safety of all participants.
I am unable to make the scheduled packet pick-up times. Can a friend or family member pick up my packet for me?
If you are unable to make it to the scheduled packet pick-up times above, you may have a friend or family member pick up your packet for you. If you choose to do so, please have the person bring a completed Packet Pick-up Authorization Form.