LOCATION: Sioux Falls, S.D.
START DATE: May 1, 2017
SALARY: $13-$15 per hour; 40-hours per week
POSITION TITLE: Race Operations Assistant
The Race Operations Assistant is a seasonal position with a potential start date of May 1, 2017 and will conclude on September 17, 2017. The Race Operations Assistant will coordinate multiple events as well as race day volunteers. The Race Operations Assistant will assist in the organization, logistics, execution and quality control of the Sioux Falls Marathon. He\She will create and execute detailed work plans and timelines. He\She will create marketing and promotions plan, with emphasis on community engagement.
· Bachelor’s degree; or working towards completion
· Works well independently with sound judgment and strong initiative
· Organized, attentive to detail, and able to prioritize well
· Ability to thrive in fast paced environment and juggle multiple projects at once
· Customer service and diplomacy skills
· Ability to adapt to changing dynamics
· Excellent oral/written communication and computer skills (specifically word/excel)
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, volunteers, and event participants
· Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, some weekends, and holidays
· Must have ability to lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified, nor as a guarantee that the duties described will only be performed by personnel assigned to this job description. The Employer reserves the right to revise the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time at their sole discretion.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and position will remain open until filled
More Information: Send letter of application along with resume and 3 references to: Bryan Miller, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE SIOUX FALLS SPORTS AUTHORITY
The Sioux Falls Sports Authority was formed in 2006 by community leaders to recruit major sporting events to the Sioux Falls area. The organization has hosted the Summit League Basketball Championships since 2009, the Sioux Falls Marathon since 2010 and five NCAA Championship events. In total, these events have had an economic impact of over $55 million. For more information, visit www.sfsportsauthority.org.