Sioux Falls Marathon Volunteer Opportunities
We can't thank you enough for being interested in volunteering at the Sioux Falls Marathon! Our routes cover over 30 miles of this beautiful city and our amazing volunteers are out on every part of the routes! Without you, this event wouldn't be possible!
Volunteer Job Descriptions
Saturday, September 8
(9:30am-12:00pm, 11:45am-2:30pm, 2:15pm-5:00pm OR 4:45pm-7:30pm)
- Hand out race packets, goody bags, shirts, etc. to runners
- Check runners into the race
- Be a positive and welcoming first impression. Thank them for coming and wish them good luck!
Sunday, September 9
Route Support (time commitment dependent of location on route)
- Keep traffic (pedestrian & vehicles) off of the route, communicate with them that a race is in progress. Be kind and courteous!
- Cheer on participants as they run by. Make a funny sign, wear a costume, bring some musics, HAVE FUN!
- Communicate any medical issues to medical personnel
- A great way for a group of friends/employees to get together and work as a team!
Finish Line (7:00am-10:00am OR 9:45am-1:30pm)
- Hand out finisher medals inside the PREMIER Center
- Direct them to the food/drinks
- Assist runners as needed
- Congratulate runners on a job well done!
Food Tent (7:00am-10:00am OR 9:45am-1:15pm)
- Provide food and drinks to runners inside the PREMIER Center
- Keep food are organized
- Congratulate the runners on a job well done!
Bag Drop - Start (5:00am-8:30am)
- Organize bags left by runners according to bib number inside the PREMIER Center
- Inform runners that they will be able to pick up their bags at the same location after the race
Bag Drop - Finish (8:30am-1:00pm)
- Return bags to runners inside the PREMIER Center
- Assist them as needed
- Thank runners for their participation and congratulate them!
Individuals or small groups
Looking to meet a new group? Interested in assisting with the creation of a lasting memory for a random stranger? Or are you looking for that opportunity to share an experience with a friend?
If so, please fill-out the brief questionnaire below and someone will get in contact with you soon to discuss more details and answer any of your questions! By filling out the questionnaire, you aren't committing to volunteer just yet.
Youth Groups, Teams and Non Profit Opportunity
The Sioux Falls Marathon volunteer program donates $50 to each qualified volunteer group of at least 10 people, and $150 to each qualified volunteer group of at least 25 people.
Groups that qualify are local youth, high school, college and amateur teams/activities, as well as local Non-Profit organizations. Each group can put together as many groups as they would like, we just ask that each group has a different leader.
If your group qualifies and is interested in helping out on race day, please fill out the form below and we will reach out to you with more information!